Leica has released a new Firmware for the Leica M10 that provides a bug fix for SD card compatibility. We had several M10 users bring to our attention that the M10 had some issues with certain SD cards. Leica has now fixed this issue with the most current firmware release.
Of course, we still recommend using the highest quality card in your M10. Either UHS I or UHS II cards will work in the Leica M10. It is imperative that you use a card that writes at least at 80mb/s. This will allow the camera to process files efficiently, and offload the buffer during shooting. Without a card that writes at fast speeds one could experience degraded camera function during use.
Recharge the battery to 100% and insert the battery into the camera.
1. Download the new firmware file to your computer.
2. Prepare the SD card for installation:
- Please make sure that the card contains at least 200 MB of free disk space.
- It is recommended to format the card inside the camera before continuing
- Download the new firmware file to your computer.
- Copy the firmware file to the root directory of the SD card.
- Eject the SD card properly from your computer.
3. Insert the SD card into the camera and switch the camera on.
4. Go to Main Menu / Camera Information / Camera Firmware
5. Press “Yes” to confirm and start the process;
- Please confirm to save your current profiles to SD card before proceeding with the update.
- Wait until the update installation is completed.
- Restart the camera, do not eject the SD card.
- Please load your last profiles from SD card after the first startup.
6. The update process is complete.