The wait is over! The 28mm Summilux-M is finally here, and we are very excited about this news! The Leica Summilux-M 28mm F/1.4 APSH is the first Leica M lens to combine F/1.4 and the classic wide-angle focal length of 28mm which works seemlesly in the 0.72 rangefinder of your M without the use of an external finder or EVF. This combination gives photographers a classic angle of view with outstanding low light capabilities, and shallow depth of field.
The 28mm Summilux is perfect for available light, architecture, and landscape shooting. The 28mm Summilux is also an outstanding wide-angle photojournalism tool. The 28mm Summilux also offers fantastic separation due to its F/1.4 maximum aperture.
New Features Include:
- Exceptional imagine performance over the entire focusing range.
- Outstanding contrast, which shows even the finest, details e.g. architectural structures
- Excellent reproduction of details across the whole image field.
- Made in Germany
- Metal Lens hood Included along with Leather case and 3 year Passport warranty.
- Available in Black Anodized finish
- Uses a 49mm Filter Size
Here are some sample pictures from the 28mm Summilux. Keep your eyes peeled for an extensive product review in the near future.